Electric vs. Propane Forklifts
Propane Forklift Advantages
Propane has a lot to offer your central or western New York business. Propane is extremely versatile, safe, and efficient. Using propane as a source of energy also has environmental benefits. That’s why propane is such a popular choice and used in a wide variety of commercial settings.
Let’s take a closer look at propane forklifts. Warehouses around the country use propane-powered forklifts.
Why Choose Propane Forklifts?
There are different forklift options to choose from. Forklifts can be powered by diesel, gasoline, electricity, or propane. If you’ve got a choice, there are a number of reasons to choose propane-powered forklifts over the alternatives. Propane forklifts offer several benefits over their other counterparts.
Propane Forklift Benefits
When you compare propane-powered forklifts to their electric counterparts or forklifts fueled with diesel or gasoline, here’s how they compare.
- Propane forklifts take less time to refuel. That translates into higher productivity for your business because less time spent refueling means more time that can be spent on the job. That should mean higher profits for your company.
- Propane forklifts run cleaner. That translates into your equipment spending less time in the shop and lower maintenance costs. Your equipment should also last longer, so you’ll get more out of each forklift before you have to replace it. All of those things are great for your bottom line and the productivity of your crew.
- Propane forklifts cost less to operate. That’s good for your bottom line. Propane is efficient and cost-effective. That makes propane-powered forklifts a good financial decision. Electric forklifts also cost more upfront than their propane counterparts.
- Propane forklifts produce fewer emissions. Propane-powered forklifts produce significantly fewer emissions than diesel-powered or gas-powered forklifts. That’s good for your business and good for the planet. So you can feel good about using propane for your forklifts and may attract clients because of it.
- Propane forklifts can operate in harsher conditions. Unlike electric forklifts, propane-powered forklifts can be used outside in the rain and in the snow. Electric forklifts aren’t well-suited for the outdoors at all. That’s an important distinction when you have a business in the Buffalo or Rochester area of New York. You want to be able to keep working in the rain and snow. You can’t afford to have equipment that can’t handle harsh weather or that can only be used indoors.
Hassle Free Forklift Cylinder Refills
The Irish Propane forklift cylinder exchange program makes getting cylinder refills hassle-free. We’ll keep your crews up and running productively with minimal down time. Plus, propane cylinder exchange is the safest way to supply your forklift propane.
Irish Propane’s forklift cylinder exchange program features the following:
- proprietary, lightweight, and high-quality propane cylinders
- same day service (if needed)
- automatic or will-call delivery
- support from knowledgeable drivers and staff
If you work in western or central New York, you should turn to Irish Propane for all propane forklift cylinder delivery needs. Our fourth generation, family-owned, certified women’s enterprise will deliver for you and your business.
If you’re looking for a reliable propane forklift cylinder supplier in or around the Rochester or Buffalo areas of New York, choose Irish Propane. Contact us today to become a customer or to learn more.