10 Residential Propane Uses
If you think propane gas is only for grilling and tailgating, you’re missing the boat on one of the most versatile fuels around.
Clean, green propane can be used to power just about any appliance inside or outside your home. It burns hot and clean, is made in the USA and can keep your family warm and secure all year long.
Here are 10 of the best ways to use propane to power better quality of life in your Buffalo- or Rochester-area home:
- Outdoor living—Transform your ordinary outdoor space into your family’s favorite place to be by adding a propane-powered outdoor kitchen, an outdoor propane fireplace or fire pit, a propane patio heater or propane lighting.
- Pool heaters—Add weeks to your outdoor swim season with a propane pool heater; electric or solar heaters can’t touch propane and its water-heating power.
- Cooking grills—Nothing beats the precision heat control of a propane cooking grill. Portable and built-in outdoor propane gas grills heat fast and burn clean, with no charcoal residue, ash or harmful emissions to worry about.
- Furnaces—Because propane burns much hotter and heats more efficiently than electricity, investing in a propane furnace can pay for itself in just a few years. Propane furnaces last longer, too, typically about 50 percent longer than electric heat pumps.
- Fireplaces—A propane fireplace gives you the beauty and convenience of a wood fire at the click of a button, with no set-up or clean up headaches. They’re also 5–6 times more efficient than wood burning fireplace, cost less to maintain, and can be used as a primary heat source during a power outage.
- Water heaters—High-efficiency propane water heaters cost up to 30 % less to operate than electric heaters, with a recovery rate that’s nearly twice as fast. Bottom line: You’ll never run out of hot water—especially if you opt for a propane tankless water heater.
- Space heaters—Thermostat-controlled direct-vent and vent-free propane space heaters are safe, easy to install and incredible efficient. They burn cleaner, too, with fewer pollutants and harmful emissions than fuel oil space heaters.
- Backup generators—Severe weather is becoming more and more common, and the power outages they often bring can be inconvenient or even dangerous to your family. Whole-house propane generators can help keep your family safe and comfortable and your house and valuables protected.
- Ovens and Ranges—There’s a reason 95% of professional chefs cook with gas rather than electric. With precision temperature control and more even heat distribution, nothing beats a propane oven and range.
- Clothes Dryers—Propane burns hotter than electricity. Translation? Your propane dryer will operate about about twice as efficiently as an electric dryer. By producing less static, they also cause less wear and tear on fabrics.
Discover the power of propane for yourself—contact Irish Propane today for reliable propane deliveries and propane services for your Buffalo- or Rochester-area home!